Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Birthday and Snow Day 2012

The weekend was way too short!  Sometimes I feel like I wish my life away wishing for the weekend to arrive again.  It was my birthday weekend and Mark asked me all week long what I wanted to do to celebrate.  Honestly, I just wanted to stay home.  He says that's my old age kicking in and he may be right on that

I took Kamdyn to a birthday party Saturday morning and was able to do my grocery shopping while she was there.  Joy!  Then she and Mom and I went to Hot Springs to do a little shopping before meeting my Dad, Mark, and Cooper for dinner at Olive Garden.  I have absolutely no pictures to show for any of it, but we had a great time!


We went to church on Sunday and kept Brian's kids after church while Brian spent the afternoon in the ER with a kidney stone. The kids all had fun and were great!  Mark made me a strawberry birthday cake and all the kids sang to me.  We went to church later that afternoon to watch "Courageous," which is an awesome movie about raising kids and fatherhood, in particular.  Loved it!  After church the kids took me to Cracker Barrell so I could have breakfast at night (my favorite!)  That night I told the kids the best birthday present would be a snow day on Monday.
God answered my prayer on that!  I was thrilled to get just enough snow to cancel school and for the kids to play in.  Mark had to go to work and Kam felt sorry for him all day long.
We had to go out early before the snow melted but the kids were able to sled for a while.  Campbell and Brax came over and I think all the kids got their snow fix satisfied.  Mimi had bought them all new snow boots (after last year's huge snow she swore we would be prepared for this year) so they were able to at least wear them once.   Snow bibs are on the list for next year!
Jamie took these pics of Cooper for a Valentine project we worked on later that day.  Notice the bad hair and hat head?  He got yet another bad haircut this weekend!  When will I ever learn?  

No comments: