Friday, February 3, 2012

Party in Heaven

The most significant thing that happened in our lives during my blog break was that Kamdyn was saved on October 18th, just one day and one month shy of her 7th birthday.   

She began asking questions about baptism the week before and we explained that being baptized didn't save someone.  We explained salvation to her and let her know that God would let her know when it was time for her to be saved.  We also encouraged her to ask as many questions as she needed to and to talk to our pastor if she had more questions that maybe we hadn't answered.    This went on for 3-4 days.  

One day after we got home, she told me that she had told Braden her "secret" that she was going to be saved.  We talked about it and she told me flat out, "I'm ready" so we went to her room to get her Bible and read scriptures.  This is where things really didn't go like I had pictured.....I'm overbearing, I know, but wanted to make sure she understood because of her age.  She got really impatient with me and probably a little mad.  The girl was ready to be saved!  Long story made short she prayed this short, but powerful prayer:  'Dear Lord, forgive me of my sins.  I'm ready to be saved."   By the way, Mark had come home by this time and was able to be with us!

"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”  Luke 15:10

I told her that when someone gets saved that angels rejoice in heaven and she said, "I bet they are having a party now!"  Mom and Dad came over that night and she told Mom.  Later that night, we discussed it more.  She jumped up and down and said "I'm saved!"  She wanted to call Brian, who immediately came over and told her how proud he was of her.  He said the same thing about a party in Heaven and she laughed and said "yeah, I bet Jesus is having a party now." 
 
I'm so proud of her.  I told her this was the most important decision she would ever make.  She's always been spiritually sensitive and mature so this was no surprise to me at all.  She also told us that she wants to be a missionary to Asia so she can tell everyone about Jesus who doesn't believe in Him.  I just know that God has special plans for this girl of mine....
One month later (the day after her 7th birthday), she was baptized.  Because of Mom's surgery,work schedules, and a business trip, we had a hard time finding a Sunday where everyone could be there.  The girl got tired of waiting and finally told us that she was ready to do it regardless of who couldn't be there.  We couldn't argue with that! 
We had encouraged Kam to talk to our pastor, Bro. Ralph, about her decision and he drilled her pretty hard to make sure she understood.   
He told the church that he had spent time talking with Kamdyn and about how he asked her why she would want to be saved.  Her response was that Jesus had died for her and the least she could do was be saved. 
We were thrilled that Uncle Glen, Courtney, Parker, Kennedy, and Kamryn were able to be there along with my family.  Watching Kamdyn was a powerful reminder of the free gift that God gives us and the child-like faith it requires.   Admitting and knowing you're a sinner, believing that Jesus died for you and your sins, and asking him to forgive you is all it takes!   Thank you Lord for dying on the cross so that my baby girl can live eternally with you one day!!!

"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;"  Romans 10:9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this so sweet. I wish we could be more like our children!! Great Posting!!

harris1013 said...

We were so happy to be there for her special day!!!We didn't get any pictures together, did we? I guess I was too busy eating. ha!