Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday Parties, Diet, and Football

We went to a birthday party at the jump place for Braxton and Bricen on Friday night.  They both turned 4 and I didn't take one picture while I was there.  I don't carry my camera around with me anymore, so any pics I do get are usually with my phone and not great quality. 

Mark started the First Fitness diet last week and I've been so proud of him!  He lost nine pounds the first week.  It's a very strict diet with no carbs and it would absolutely kill this carboholic!    After the party, he decided that he wanted to go to Outback to get meat "other than chicken" and some of their great steamed vegetables.   I could tell he was greatly tempted when they brought the bread out, but this is what he looked like when they brought the cheese fries to our table!
Before you think I'm awful (and I know that I am!), the kids wanted to order some and he said it wouldn't bother him!  I texted this picture of him to Leah, who has been his cheerleader and mentor on this diet, to tell her I was talking Mark off the ledge over the bread and fries.  She sent me a message back that said, "step away from the carbs and nobody gets hurt!"
Her next text said, "Kevin says you are the devil!  Get thee behind me Satan!"  I've been called that before so he's probably right on with that!
Saturday afternoon, I took the kids to Bo's bowling party and they had a lot of fun.  They had never bowled anywhere other than the kids lane so they loved getting to bowl at the big alley.  Cooper did pretty good but, according to him, "Abby smoked him!"
Sunday night during the Super Bowl, Kam got out the football to play "stone hands, sticky fingers" with Mark, which is some random game he made up when the kids were toddlers. It is amazing to me the things they remember.  We have joked that Kamdyn was going to be our football player in the family and she says that Uncle Brian will be so proud of her!
This game always turns into a tickle match, as you can see, and I just love to watch them laugh and squeal like that.  I know that anyone who knows Cooper will not be surprised that the game ended when he wrestled Kam to the floor and pulled her hair a few timesOh, I don't know if kindergarten is ready for that boy!!!

It was a great weekend and I am already counting the days until the next one!

No comments: