Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School and Fish Tales

Yesterday was the kids first day back to Mae's, only to be off again today and home with me. I am off and I hate the thought of them going to school when I'm at home. But tomorrow we are back to the regular grind...

This picture is blurry, but it is the only one I got with both kids eyes open. In case you're wondering, I still don't have a new camera. This is my office camera and it's not the greatest! Hint! Hint, Mark!!!
After school we went to the "Spooky," which is a hideout that belongs to some people from church who hosted a party to celebrate our "Fish Tales" program at church this summer. The kids had a blast!

This is Grady with his big catfish... I thought he caught it, but actually his mom, Mary, caught it. You go, Mary!!

Fishing with Cooper is always interesting. He's mainly interested in throwing the line out and then reeling it in... he doesn't care if there's a fish on there or not. Actually, I think he prefers there not to be a fish. He's not too keen on the fish yet. At Timberlodge, he actually held his hand up like a girl and ran when they took the fish off the hook.
So I knew this was bound to happen again... I was talking to DK and we saw Kam do this but it was too late to stop it. And everyone laughed because I took a picture before I got the hook out of Mark's side. I don't think he was in too much pain. Let me just say it's interesting to have that many people, particulary kids, fishing at one time. A few lines got hung up, to say the least.

After hooking Mark, Kam was more interested in the dog....
After fishing, we moved up to the water games. This is Cooper fishing in the kiddie pool with Sophie-- before he took his clothes off and stripped naked in front of everyone. Apparently, he knows it's not a good idea to get your shorts and Pull-Up wet.
Cooper in a pool full of cute girls... isn't that every guy's dream???Kam laying out....
Taking time out to eat with Mackenzie....
Enjoying a cupcake while we listen to the devotional...We start AWANA's next week and Cooper will actually get to go this year. My baby is growing up!

No comments: