Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reality Check

Let me just say that nothing will make you more thankful for healthy children than visiting Arkansas Children's Hospital. Saturday we visited Mallory and family and I got choked up pulling in the parking lot. I always look to see if Angel One is there.... I heard someone once say that if it's not there then you know they have gone to get a sick baby or child..... and it wasn't there which made me sad....but then I remind myself what a great hospital it is and say a prayer for whoever they've gone to get.

I usually look straight ahead and try not to let my eyes wander into any patient rooms as I walk down the halls there. I just can't take that...my mind goes crazy wondering what is wrong and my heart just breaks for these kids and their families. What would I do if it were my kids there? How would I feel?

The PICU where Mal is is right next to the oncology unit. I did see a little boy about Kam's age walking beside a wagon... and then I saw a Mom carrying a baby about 7-8 months old down the hall.... again, my heart just breaks for these people. So much hurt....

And then I just have to thank God for giving me healthy children thus far.... a little perspective is always good for the soul.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Rob, I am ALWAYS there... have someone page me next time you visit and I'll show you the happy places. There are lots, I promise!