Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cooper's First Visit to the Dentist

Cooper went for his first dentist visit this morning and did great! It helps when your Aunt JJ is the "high dentist" (this is what Kamdyn calls the hygienist). He really liked the chair, unlike his sister, who still won't lay in the chair to get her teeth cleaned.
I think he was a little unsure when JJ put the mask on and broke out the instruments....
He did cry when Jamie was about halfway finished with his polish. I don't think he liked the toothpaste, but he loved the water being squirted in his mouth. Kamdyn had to have it squirted into her mouth too, of course.
Kamdyn told Cooper all the way to the dentist that it didn't hurt, it tickled, and she didn't cry when she had her teeth cleaned. Then the second we walk in the door she turns to me with a panicked look and says, "I'm not getting my teeth cleaned, right?" She then ran over to my lap when Dr. B walked in to check Cooper's teeth.
I was really proud of Cooper during this part of the exam because he actually laid back, opened wide, and let him pick and scrape for a while. Afterwards, Cooper got a toy and Kamdyn got a sticker. She acted just like she had been there for a cleaning herself and wanted me to tell everyone how good she was at the dentist!

No comments: