Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Overwhelmed

Attn: this post contains much whining so you may wish to just skip it and move on today!

I have felt extremely overwhelmed the last few days with everything going on. Let me just say that I know I'm not alone. This time of year is always this way and every year I get frustrated running around like a mad woman trying to buy things for my family who really don't need a thing. So it's no surprise to me that my shopping isn't finished and I'm ok with that. I'd be shocked if it were.... I don't have this weekend to finish it now like I thought, so that presents a challenge that I'm still trying to figure out.

This is a crazy week and I'm trying to figure out how to do everything and be everywhere for everyone... and this morning it just got to me. I called mom on the way to work and said, "I'm overwhelmed with everything!" and she said, "who's not at this time of year?" So I had a mini-meltdown and felt a little better. I was scripting this whole post in my head and now as I sit here I can't remember any of it... As I commented to my secretary this morning that I felt like I was failing miserably at everything she reminded me that was the enemy talking to me. And she's right.... Satan's got me right where he wants me right now. It's easy to feel like a failure when my house is a wreck, I have 2 kids parties to attend today, a Christmas program to get the kids ready for tonight, presents to buy, yada, yada, yada.... and oh yeah, I need to work!!! I have joked that my job has really gotten in the way of my life this week!! Ever feel that way?

As I was driving back to work from Cooper's party, I thought about my aunt who has cancer, Mark's coworker whose dad is in ICU after a serious car accident, his other coworker whose child she was in the process of adopting was violently murdered this week(read the story here... it will break your hear!t) and I thought to myself, "you are being ridiculous, Robyn!" And I was.... this is a season of spreading joy and celebrating and that's not what I've done the last few days.

So I left work again (I told you my job is really interfering with my schedule!) and headed back to Mae's for Kam's Christmas party and program. It was just what I needed to lift my spirits. The kids were so cute singing their songs and ringing their bells! Kam really had a good time... can you believe this is her last Christmas party at preschool?

Now that I've vented and feel MUCH better, it's time to move on with my day and remember the real reason for the season this Christmas!

No comments: