Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blue Angels Softball

Kam had her first softball game on Tuesday night and did great!  I think she actually enjoyed it and I think it's so much better than t-ball for her.  She was so excited when she got her "outfit" as she called it Monday night and told me that she was "totally wearing it to school the next day!"

The girls before the game... I think Kam is laughing and talking in almost every picture on here.
 Kam and our neighbor, Kenzie, before the game...
She was pretty pumped about the game...

They put her on second base, which was kind of exciting to me because I always played second base.  However, I didn't dance on top of second base like she did!  
Ready for some action -- and a little conversation!!  She pretty much talked the whole game.  Mom kept telling me that she didn't know what Kam was saying but the coach kept smiling and laughing!
Going after a ball.... it was pretty cute because her team has not quite learned the fundamentals yet.  Therefore, everyone went after the ball and then didn't know what to do with it when they got it.  Kam played pitcher the second inning and stopped a few balls.  At one point, when the bases were loaded, mom and I both yelled "tag her" when the girl was running home and Kam just looked at us like, "what the heck are you talking about?"  So we need to work on fundamentals....but it was so much fun to watch and I love that it's not that serious at this age!
Playing in the dirt in between innings...
She batted twice and got one hit without the tee and then hit off the tee one time as well.  If you're keeping up, Mark owes her $1.  I'll let you know when and if he ever pays up!!!
My helmet's too little....
 I made it home.  Now what?

No comments: