Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Caney Kids T-Ball

Cooper's first t-ball game was Friday night and let me tell you it was FREEZING!!  It felt more like football weather.  Kam was climbing the fence, literally, before the game started.
Mark promised Cooper he would give him $1 for every hit he got without the tee.  I know.  You're seeing a pattern with Mark and bribery.  The sad thing is he never has any cash on him and usually forgets to give the kids the money until I remind him.  Mom says the kids should protest!  She always has cash and the kids know who to go to when they want something from the concession stand... 
Cooper's first bat.  It was so cute.  When he got up to the plate, he told the coach "no tee, I want you to throw it to me." 
Running to first....
 I think he jumped up and down several times on first...
I missed the best picture of all - Cooper sliding into home about 3 feet too soon!   It was so cute!  I love t-ball.  It's fun and not serious.  After one inning (which lasts about 35 minutes with every kid batting), the parents decided it was too cold and we called the game and went home.  

Last night, we were a split family for the first time.  Kamdyn had her first softball game at 6:00 and Cooper's game started at 6:30.  We all watched the first half of Kam's game and then Mark took Cooper to his.  What I didn't know is that we missed pictures because Mark failed to read the flyer he got last week or hand it to me.  So........it's a good thing I take pictures because Coop won't be in any of the "official" ones!!
The bad thing about t-ball is that it takes forever!  I guess maybe that's a good thing because I did get to see Coop bat one time.  He never made it to the field though.... it started lightning and we called the game again.  Maybe one day we can actually get in a full game!

No comments: