Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a fun and busy weekend celebrating Easter.  We went to a community Easter egg hunt at school on Saturday that the kids enjoyed.  Mark pointed out that it didn't last forever and the kids had fun and that was perfect by his standards!
This was more like a race to grab eggs rather than a hunt....
They just down right refused to cooperate with me on a picture...
 Kam tried on her Easter dress Saturday morning and threw a fit about it "itching" her.  I knew that we would all be miserable if I made her wear it (flashback to Brian's wedding), so we took it back that afternoon and found another dress.  The kids were anxious to dye Easter eggs so we had to buy the "sweet tarts" as Kam calls them to dye the eggs.
No matter what kit I buy, we never get our eggs to turn out looking that great.  However, the kids loved the wrappers and thought it was magic the way they shrunk around the egg.
Kam and Mark insisted on making Oreo balls for Easter Sunday.  The kids were a lot of help...
Oreo's gross me out so I was more than happy to let them lick the beaters!  
Kam had chocolate all over her!
The kids kept talking about what the Easter bunny was going to bring them and I started to get worried that they were going to be sorely disappointed.  I bought them Magic Springs season passes and planned to put those in their baskets along with some candy.  Although the passes aren't cheap, you know how a 6 and 4-year old think!  Of course, Mark said that was more than enough!
Wouldn't you know it though...I left the bag of stuff I bought at Wal-Mart and had to make do with what I could find at home.   I totally recycled candy and some goodies I had stashed and my kids never even caught on!
Last year we started scattering eggs in the yard on Easter morning for the kids to gather when they woke up.  I had Mark get up to go put them out in the yard and I'm pretty sure he put out about 6-7 eggs.  Is he serious? 
Before bed the night before, we made sure that we discussed the true meaning of Easter with the kids.  Kam was so excited to celebrate it she could hardly stand it!  I thought that was awesome!! 

No comments: