Monday, March 7, 2011

Graffiti Art

At church on Wednesday night, Aunt Gina was telling me about how someone had drawn all over the walls in the closet in her AWANA room.  The more we talked about it, it occurred to me that it might have been Kamdyn.  I checked out the walls and told Gina that it didn't really look like Kam's doodles; however, I asked Kam after class about it to be sure.  Without hesitation, she said that she did it.   

On the way home, I was trying to explain to her that she had destroyed property and she immediately bursts into tears and screams, "am I going to get arrested?"  I told her that she wasn't going to get arrested but she was going to clean the walls!
We went to church early yesterday evening with our Magic Erasers in hand.  She kept telling me that she was "nervous" and afraid that everyone (including God) was going to be mad at her.  We all laughed because her art did include "we love God" and "peace!"
Turns out that she likes the Magic Erasers.  At one point, she looked at me and said, "this is actually kind of fun!"  Ummm.....is she really learning her lesson if this is "fun?"
I said I wasn't going to help her but I couldn't help myself.  We'd be there forever waiting on her to get the wall clean!  I kept telling her to put some 'elbow grease' into it!!!
She had fun squeezing the water out of the erasers, which looked more like milk to her.....so much fun that she asked me to leave the room several times!  Is this child really learning a lesson?  We ran out of Magic Erasers so we have to go back next week to finish.   We'll see what she thinks then!

1 comment:

harris1013 said...

Kennedy has become our little artist on the walls at our house. What did they do before magic erasers???