Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday!  Or is it??  I think my family may be feeling the time change more today than yesterday.  At least their behavior indicates something is up!  I think I'll dedicate another post to this morning's behavior.... 

We had a pretty busy weekend.  Kamdyn had school on Saturday to make up for one of the snow days.  I really thought that I wouldn't make her go but Mark thought she should go at least one of the two (there's another one on April 9).  Six days of school for a kindergartener seems excessive to me, but a certain percentage of students have to show up for it to count.  It was a short day so we sent her.  I saw lots of my friends kids on the playground while I was waiting to pick her up, so my guilty conscience was eased!  She told me when I picked her up that she loved Saturday school!!! They had snow cones and a movie!

While Kam was in school, Cooper and I ran to Hot Springs for a haircut and a few errands.  He really didn't want to go  (it's the weekend so he thought he should be playing the Wii!), but we ended up having a pretty good time.  We picked Kam up and then headed home for a few minutes before Kam had softball try-outs.  It's her first year to play softball and I'm excited about it.  I really wish we had known about this last year instead of her playing t-ball.  

Kamdyn was more interested in the puppy at the field and visiting than the actual try-out.  She is a social butterfly so this season should be pretty interesting. She will be playing with Avery and Kenzie, as well as a few girls from kindergarten.  I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!
We went back to Hot Springs for dinner after practice.  This is Kamdyn listening to her ipod while we wait for our table.  My kids are at this terrible stage where they think they must be entertained 24/7 and that it's my job to do it.  I have real issues with this.  I keep telling them that when I was little we had to make up games in the car and actually talk to people at the dinner table.....

Oh my, Lordy!  I just had flashbacks to my Papaw telling me stories about walking ten miles to school in the snow with a biscuit in a jar.  Well.....it was something like that.  My how times have changed!  

Kam and I went to have some "girl time" on Sunday afternoon.  We went to the bookstore and bought two new chapter books for her and then to get a pedicure and buy groceries.  I wish I had my camera with me while we were getting pedicures.  She took her new book in and read while her toes were drying.  Then she helped the lady massage my legs..... the lady was so nice to her and it was too cute! 

Cooper dressed himself for bed last night....notice the razorback shirt and dinosaur bottoms.
I buy them matching pj's but they never seem to make it on them that way.  And if you think his ensemble is bad, you should see Kamdyn's.  It's almost comical every night when she gets ready for bed.
Are you still here?  Hope everyone has a Happy Monday despite the dreary weather and time change.  We have so much to be thankful for!!! 

No comments: