Monday, March 14, 2011

Meltdown #492

This morning actually started out pretty good with the kids.  Kam got up early and had extra time to watch cartoons and get dressed.  I was thinking this might be a drama-free morning.  I was wrong!  Kam and I agreed yesterday at the grocery store that we would make our own 'lunchables' for her lunch....not because I'm cheap but because they are too processed and I think real deli turkey is better for her.  All was well until I showed her what I packed her stuff in....

Apparently, she's too big for princesses now!  I had to remind her that there would be princesses everywhere at Disney World in June so she better get over that now!  And she did....
Mark commented that it was amazing how her mood could change in no time at all.  And it did yet again!!  This time over, you guessed it, her HAIR!!  We made some progress yesterday with the hair and I thought we were on a roll but apparently I took it one step too far this morning... let's just say it got pretty ugly for a bit.  As a result, some little diva will be going to bed very early tonight!!!

Cooper, on the other hand, was perfect this morning--until we got in the car!  He couldn't find his monster trucks and proceeded to throw everything, including our Bibles in the floorboard.  I made him pick it all up and took the monster trucks from him.  If that sounds harsh, we've discussed this issue before and he knows he shouldn't be throwing Bibles and stuff everywhere!  I planned on giving him back the monster trucks after he apologized and we got down the road a little ways.  

Then this happened....
What is this you ask?  Why it's a paper wad.  I guess Cooper thought that would be the best way to get my attention and his monster trucks back....
He didn't stop with just one!  I was talking to Mark on the phone and I told him what was happening.  Honestly, I had to keep from laughing.  It was cute the first time but, as I said, he kept on.  He wadded up some of my work papers and then began tearing a magazine to throw.  I kept my cool, but pulled over at the next exit to spank him. 
He was furious with me all the way to school, which I guess is why he refused to get out there.  I spent a good twenty minutes there trying to get him inside and to class.  People pulled up next to us and he didn't care.... I threatened to spank him on the parking lot in front of everyone and he didn't care.... He was just plain mad!  The good thing is that at least he wasn't throwing things.  I am thankful for that.   By the time we made it in, he was just pitiful.... and I've worried about him all morning long.   

Ah yah yah!!!  Calgon, take me away!  I can't take very many more mornings like today....


My coworker actually saw me on interstate and teased me this morning about how fast I was going.  I told him that my speed was the least of my worries then.... His children are grown and he reminded me that one day I would look back and long for the days of my kids fussing and fighting and being together.  I know he's right.  I should treasure every moment because they grow up fast but, honestly, I'm having a hard time treasuring mornings like this one.  I love my kiddos though and know this will be funny later on....I'm grateful for the joy and blessing they are to my life and that is what I'm going to choose to focus on today!  Will someone please remind me of that tomorrow morning when meltdown #493 begins again?????

No comments: